IT Project Manager
We are looking for Project Managers that are capable of strategically architecting roadmaps to successful client implementations, despite the challenges present, and tactically executing those projects from start to finish. Project Managers (PMs) who can work to own and control client projects while focusing on day-to-day project responsibilities and meet their deliverables.
- Collaborate to understand and assimilate into the client account, quickly plug-in and drive the project tactically.
- Work in partnership with the Client to determine the project goals and priorities with management, program manager and project sponsors; be the key resource that lays the foundation to bring the project vision to life.
- Conduct project discovery meetings with key stakeholders and synthesize that information to develop a comprehensive project plan, including determining other project artifacts that may be needed.
- Vet the project plan with the project team and key stakeholders to gain commitment and kick the project off on solid footing.
- Manage the schedule via the project plan, generate weekly status reports and manage project risks.
- Manage multiple client engagements and/or multiple projects for a given client.
- Manage project resource assignments of varying professional levels (technical leads, developers, business analysts, business SME’s) and track to the project plan and budget.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Required: 3 – 5 years as a project manager for low to mid complexity projects (Budgets under $100k; duration of 6 months or less).
- Required: The ability to develop and manage a detailed project plan.
- Preferred: 5 years + experience as a business analyst prior to moving into project management.
- Previous Business Analyst experience should include some of the following: Experience documenting a current state and end state process, developing scoping documents, developing business requirements and developing technical specification/data mapping documents.
- Willing to work in a PM/BA hybrid role, if needed.
- BS in any applicable discipline or documented and verifiable equivalent experience that mitigates your lack of a college degree.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project.
To hear more, contact Jennifer Bogus at Think Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org
Think Systems provides technology consulting and staffing across almost any vertical. As a project management consulting firm, Think takes on the toughest at-risk projects in America and succeeds where other firms/PMs cannot. As a staffing company, Think strives to leverage the significant hands-on technology management experience of its leadership team to provide a better quality of candidate to our technology staffing clients. Everyone says they do that but Think delivers on this promise because our candidates are evaluated by folks that are actually technology leaders (as opposed to those that just play a technology leader on TV)! If you want to be part of exciting growth by doing things the right way – Think is the place for you!