Jr DevOps Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced DevOps/Systems Admin to join their team. This is a new position and a ground floor opportunity where you will play an important role in their IT world. They are looking for someone who can become a leader in this area with strong communication skills to work with the technical product development team with a constant eye on DevOps.
· Work closely with server vendor to help manage all aspects of infrastructure.
· Optimize AWS environments and advise on configuration enhancements.
· Experience with Application Performance Monitoring such as New Relic.
· AWS cloud experience and participation in migrating sites/applications to AWS.
· Exposure to Atlassian tools such as Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, and Bamboo.
· Experience with Database software (knowledge in SQL is required).
· Virtualized Cloud Environment/ Containers like Docker.
· Architect plan to implement CI/CD (Continuous integration and continuous delivery).
· Responsible for site stability, performance and troubleshooting site issues.
· Provide monthly system performance reports.
· Build/maintain Bamboo deployment environments for their Bitbucket Repositories.
· Ensure Developers follow security best practices.
· Network vulnerability scanning.
· Incident Management experience.
· A strong background working in a Linux environment as an engineer performing installations and maintenance.
· Experience with AWS is a must.
· Excellent written and oral communication.
· Be organizational (you may have many open tickets at the same time) and be able to multi-task.
· On-call after hours for emergencies.
· Experience with Puppet / Chef / Kubernetes is a plus.
· Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues.