Senior Data Engineer
Our client is looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering Team. This is a role that will collaborate with the business and technology teams in building enterprise class data solutions, will review and contribute to data resource designs, implementation practices, and support critical production issues.
The Senior Data Engineer will be accountable for working effectively with technical leads and product owners. The Senior Data Engineer will drive performance and scalability to reduce expense and increase efficiency within the business services arm of a global enterprise. This includes engineering data solutions that support CRM, ERP, Publishing, Business Intelligence, Analytics, to name a few.
In this position you will have an opportunity to use the latest technology platforms and techniques in an environment that promotes thinking outside of the box.
- Ability to contribute in system improvements and innovations.
- Apply advanced principles in design, implementation, optimization and securing of data.
- Contribute to the exploration of technologies and techniques to improve data management functions, including data integration, standardization, and distribution.
- Identify and understand source data systems, data and data solutions.
- Identify and mentor on the correct application of non-relational, big data technologies and techniques to create scalable solutions across the business model.
- Work closely with business and technology teams to identify, design, and build scalable solutions for high-volume, event-driven business solutions.
- Analyze current patterns of design to identify improvements that reduce cost while driving efficiency and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new technology and techniques and contribute to their introduction into mainstream development.
- Contribute to the definition and continuous improvement of Data Engineering policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensure data solutions are in compliance with all governance policies, procedures, etc. supporting industry standards and regulation, including GDPR and PCI.
- Serve as a technical mentor for data technologies and techniques to ensure success of teams and projects.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in database concepts with hands-on experience with non-relational technologies to include Cloudera/Hortonworks, Impala, MongoDB.
- 7+ years’ experience in the full lifecycle development activities.
- Advanced level experience selecting the best fit from among the data technologies available in cloud or Cloudera/Hortonworks environment.
- Advanced level experience working with ETL/ELT in a non-relational environment.
- Advanced level experience implementing data lake models that support Business Intelligence solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with large-volume, high-transaction solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing strategies for data security at rest and in motion.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, and/or bash.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically, plan for future growth of cloud-based non-relational systems/tools, troubleshoot and solve data and data technology related issues.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- AWS Certification.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Advanced level experience with Big Data concepts including demonstrable knowledge of platforms like Cloudera or similar.
- Advanced level experience providing data solutions at the enterprise level.
- Understanding of GDPR and the implications on data solutions.
- Understanding of PCI and the implications on data solutions.
To hear more, contact Nicholas Seemiller at Think Systems at email@example.com.
Think Systems provides technology consulting and staffing across almost any vertical. As a project management consulting firm, Think takes on the toughest at-risk projects in America and succeeds where other firms/PMs cannot. As a staffing company, Think strives to leverage the significant hands-on technology management experience of its leadership team to provide a better quality of candidate to our technology staffing clients. Everyone says they do that but Think delivers on this promise because our candidates are evaluated by folks that are actually technology leaders (as opposed to those that just play a technology leader on TV)! If you want to be part of exciting growth by doing things the right way – Think is the place for you